Job Title: Facilities Manager
Branch: Munich Re UK Services Ltd.
Department: Facilities & Procurement
Location: Plantation Place
Reporting to: Senior Facilities Manager
Direct reports: 3
The Facilities Manager at Plantation Place, is primarily responsible for providing a safe, secure, well-maintained and high quality working environment for Munich Re’s staff, visitors and contractors.
• Delivery of Facility Management Services – delivery of a well-managed, cost-effective, compliant facilities management service to the business.
• Facilities Team Management – manage, develop and support 3 Direct Reports, who provide Facility Co-Ordination support and on-site Reception resource.
• Relationship Management – build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Including but not limited to; Demised Services Agreement with the buildings property management company and their sub-contractors and outsourced Reception and Catering services.
• Security and Access Control - ensure the security of the office, by implementing and maintaining access control measures and security systems.
• Health & Safety – develop, maintain and monitor appropriate and effective policies and procedures. Ensuring they meet legal requirements, best practice and organisational objectives.
The role will incorporate the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Hospitality Service Delivery - manage the hospitality service, room set-ups and Audio Visual provision to all Client Area and Internal Meeting Rooms.
• Demised Services Agreement Supplier Management – effective management of the service provider delivering all outsourced Facility Management services. Ensuring all jobs are completed in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner.
• Service Contract Management - manage all soft service contracts including; post, couriers, cleaning, security, demised services agreement, reception services, environmental enhancements and pest control. To include periodically meeting with suppliers to ensure expected services and standards are being met.
• Moves & Change Management - support the Senior Facilities Manager, with the co-ordination and delivery of all internal moves, changes, refurbishment and relocation projects in a timely and professional manner.
• Budget Control – support the Senior Facilities Manager, with the control of Plantation Place Premises Budget.
• Environmental Initiatives - responsible for the championing of environmental initiatives and identifying potential new opportunities.
• Health & Safety Administration – DSA primary administrator, development and maintenance of all staff training materials, documented policies and procedures and H&S records.
• Third Party Contractor Management – management of all external contractors (within core working and out of hours), to ensure necessary permits and access control are raised. Ensuring there is minimum disruption to core activities and all H&S requirements are met.
• Business Continuity – primary Facilities Management role within the offices Business Continuity Plan.
Plus any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role.
Key Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes.
• Proven experience in a similar facilities role.
• Proven leadership skills including management of a small team and dealing with performance management.
• Health & Safety Management legislation knowledge.
• Able to build and maintain strong service provider relationships.
• Able to manage projects and priorities.
• Able to network at all levels within the organisation.
• Self-motivated and self-directed and take responsibility for delivery of client requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Well organised, deadline driven and able to prioritise workload.
• Able to display initiative, confidence and professionalism in all dealings with internal and external personnel. and conflict management.
• Issue management, identifying and the resolution of disputes with staff or suppliers.
• Goal-oriented, organised team player with a polite and professional manner.
• Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets.
• Able to demonstrate experience of change management
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with accurate and precise attention to detail.
• Ability to remain calm when under pressure.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
• Facilities management, business management, business administration or related field qualification preferred.
• Certification in facilities management - IOSH/NEBOSH
Please send your CV with covering letter - Click Apply
Apply for Facilities Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly